Chloe Dykstra stands by Chris Hardwick abuse claims

The ex-girlfriend of Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick has publicly declared that she stands by her claims "100%" as Hardwick returns to work.

Back in June, actress Chloe Dykstra published an essay detailing allegations of emotional and sexual abuse by an ex-boyfriend. Although she didn't name Hardwick, the presenter publicly denied sexually assaulting her.

[Dykstra and Hardwick in 2016]

In response to the allegations, AMC decided to pull Talking with Chris Hardwick from its schedules as Talking Dead, usually hosted by Hardwick, was also on a mid-season break.

Late last month, AMC reinstated Chris Hardwick as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick after conducting "a comprehensive assessment" into the allegations, and now Chloe has said on Twitter that she stands by "every single word" of what she wrote.

"Hey dudes," Chloe posted yesterday (August 10). "Just a reminder: I 100% stand by every single word of my essay.

"I made sure it was unembellished, factual, and that I had evidence to back it up in order to protect myself in case of ACTUAL litigation (not a network investigation, where I'm not protected). That is all."

Following the news that Hardwick would be returning to AMC, Chloe released a new statement that reiterated that she wrote the blog initially to reassure others who may be in a similar situation that they're not alone.

She added that she hopes for a return to "productive discourse" about the issue of emotional abuse.

"I have been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about. I could have provided more details, but chose not to," she wrote.

"I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life. For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.

"What I wanted was for the people around who heard a false narrative – one that was created to hurt me and my career – to know the truth. More importantly though, I know how insidious emotional abuse is and felt compelled to share my story so others might not feel so alone."


Rape Crisis England and Wales works towards the elimination of sexual violence. If you've been affected by the issues raised in this story, you can access more information on their website or by calling the National Rape Crisis Helpline on 0808 802 9999. Rape Crisis Scotland's helpline number is 08088 01 03 02.

Readers in the US are encouraged to contact RAINN, or the National Sexual Assault Hotline on 800-656-4673.